Associate, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships
Opening – May 2018
America’s Promise Alliance seeks an Associate, for Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships to contribute to the development and implementation of several organizational campaigns and initiatives and to support the overall partner engagement activities. The Associate will help achieve overall team goals by providing support in the following areas: building relationships at the national, regional, state and local levels; supporting key initiatives and campaigns; and engaging stakeholders including national partners, local collaborations, organizations, youth networks and individual leaders.
ABOUT AMERICA’S PROMISE
America’s Promise Alliance is devoted to helping to create the conditions for success for all young people, including the millions currently being left behind. The organization’s work is powered by the belief that all children are capable of learning and thriving, and that every individual, institution and sector shares the responsibility to help young people succeed. In pursuing this mission, America’s Promise is committed to being a workplace of choice for professionals of all backgrounds and from all sectors who are dedicated to bettering the lives and life prospects of young people in America.
- Provide support across Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships departmental activities.
- Support the planning, implementation and ongoing collective action of various campaigns and initiatives currently focused on youth employment, healthy schools and high school graduation.
- Assist with the development of a robust Alliance Partner network by supporting strategic planning, recruitment, communications, and engagement.
- Support partner engagement in the various campaigns and initiatives.
- Support youth engagement strategies that further organizational goals.
- Work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams.
Bachelor’s degree required
Early career professional with 1-3 years work experience preferably in youth employment, education and/or youth development/serving field; experience with state and community engagement/support, national partnerships, national campaigns, and/or youth-focused programs desirable.
Additional skills, knowledge and abilities required:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize deliverables, and handle unanticipated demands and requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, ability to engage colleagues at all levels.
- Maturity and confidence to work internally and externally with national and local leaders, partners, staff, and consultants to support the Alliance engagement efforts.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position to [email protected]. Please put (Associate, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships) in the subject line.
America’s Promise welcomes diversity of all types and is committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive.