Digital Director, Communications & Marketing
Purpose of Position
America's Promise Alliance seeks a strategic, proactive and detail-oriented person to fill the position of Digital Director, Communications & Marketing. The Digital Director will contribute to the optimization, development and implementation of the overall digital strategy for America’s Promise Alliance. The Director will manage the various social media properties that drive users to our websites (http://americaspromise.org and http://gradnation.org).
About America's Promise Alliance
America’s Promise Alliance is devoted to helping to create the conditions for success for all young people in the United States, including the millions currently being left behind. Our work is powered by our belief that all children are capable of learning and thriving, and that every individual, institution and sector shares the responsibility to help young people succeed. To pursue this mission most effectively, we are committed to being a workplace of choice for professionals from all sectors who are interested in dedicating a portion of their careers to bettering the lives of young people in America.
As the nation’s largest partnership of its kind, America’s Promise Alliance brings together hundreds of national nonprofits, businesses, communities, and educators behind a commitment to making the promise of America accessible to all young people. We frame our work around Five Promises that we believe must be made and kept to every young person – caring adults, safe places, a healthy start, an effective education, and opportunities to serve.
With these promises at work for all young people, we believe the nation can reach the goal of 90 percent on-time high school graduation by 2020. Through our GradNation campaign, we are leading the effort to reach this critical milestone so that more young people are on track to thriving in school, work, community and life.
As we accelerate our work on existing initiatives like the GradNation Campaign and prepare to launch new work and new initiatives in 2015, we are searching for individuals with the skills, passion, and drive to help us work toward our vision that every child in America has the opportunity and support to reach his or her full potential and pursue his or her American Dream.
- Digital Strategy. Contribute to the development and execution of overall digital strategy that supports APA priorities, including optimizing website and social media platform performance, social advertising, search engine marketing, and performance data analysis.
- Social Media. Lead on creative social media strategy, and developing targeted social media campaigns, and social advertising. Manage online communities and foster the development of key relationships and information sharing. Manage comprehensive content calendar across Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Support Website Maintenance. Ensure all APA websites are constantly up to date with new content and old content is archived or refreshed. Manage incoming mail and respond in timely manner.
- Graphic Design. Conceptualize and create graphics for use on website and social media properties. Resize and edit photos and graphics as needed.
- Video Production. Support conceptualization and production of video for digital media properties to support APA campaigns as needed.
- Explore new media platforms. Research and explore potential new media such as Instagram, Periscope, Tumblr and Vine for possible use in the future.
- Perform digital trainings. Train staff on digital best practices to enable them to be online ambassadors for America’s Promise.
- Collaboration. Work with America’s Promise national partners, communities and grantees to develop digital and social media strategies and assist with execution.
- Digital event production. Lead all aspects of digital event production including live streaming, live online coverage, quote graphics and more.
- Bachelors’ degree with 5-7 years work experience in digital and or online marketing field; experience with youth development, community engagement or building online communities required.
- Preference will be given to individuals proven to be self-starters and unafraid to learn new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle unanticipated demands and requests.
- Familiarity with content management systems (Drupal a plus) and basic HTML.
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills, including timeliness and accuracy.
- Experience with photo-editing and video-editing software, particularly Adobe Photoshop and Final Cut Pro.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, ability to engage colleagues.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter to [email protected].
We actively seek members of service organizations and welcome diversity of all types on America’s Promise Alliance team and are committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive.