Manager, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships
Opening – May 2018
America’s Promise Alliance seeks a Manager, for Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships to contribute to the development and implementation of several organizational campaigns and initiatives including a new youth employment campaign and healthy schools initiative. The Manager will help achieve overall team goals by providing leadership and support in the following areas: building relationships at the national, regional, state and local levels; implementing key initiatives; and engaging stakeholders including national partners, local collaborations, organizations, youth networks and individual leaders.
ABOUT AMERICA’S PROMISE
America’s Promise Alliance is devoted to helping to create the conditions for success for all young people, including the millions currently being left behind. The organization’s work is powered by the belief that all children are capable of learning and thriving, and that every individual, institution and sector shares the responsibility to help young people succeed. In pursuing this mission, America’s Promise is committed to being a workplace of choice for professionals of all backgrounds and from all sectors who are dedicated to bettering the lives and life prospects of young people in America.
- Provide support across Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships departmental activities.
- Support the planning, implementation and ongoing collective action for youth employment campaign, healthy schools initiative and other organizational efforts.
- Manage key project and initiative elements that support Campaign goals and advance Alliance Partner and coalition activity.
- Manage and support community level action and learning opportunities.
- Assist with the development of a robust Alliance Partner network by supporting strategic planning, recruitment, communications, and engagement.
- Develop specializations and expertise, as needed, in particular sectors (e.g. education) or service areas (e.g. mentoring or health care) as organizational strategies or priorities dictate.
- Work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams.
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum 3-5 years work experience preferably in youth employment, education and/or youth development/serving field; experience supporting coalitions; experience with state and community engagement/support, national partnerships, national campaigns, and/or youth employment focused programs highly desirable.
Additional skills, knowledge and abilities required:
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills required: including listening skills, written and oral communication skills, facilitation skills, and presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple, complex projects, prioritize deliverables and handle unanticipated demands and requests,
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, ability to engage colleagues at all levels.
- Maturity and confidence to work internally and externally with national, state and local leaders, partners, staff and consultants to support the organization’s efforts.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position to: [email protected]. Please put (Manager, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships) in the subject line. America’s Promise welcomes diversity of all types and is committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive.