Sr. Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy
Purpose of Position
America's Promise Alliance seeks a strategic, proactive and detail-oriented person to fill the position of Sr. Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy. The new Sr. Director will lead the development, optimization, and implementation of the overall marketing and digital strategy for America’s Promise Alliance. The Sr. Director will oversee various digital and social media properties that increase engagement, promote key content and drive users to our websites (http://americaspromise.org and http://gradnation.org).
About America's Promise Alliance
America’s Promise Alliance is devoted to helping to create the conditions for success for all young people, including the millions currently being left behind. The organization’s work is powered by the belief that all children are capable of learning and thriving, and that every individual, institution and sector shares the responsibility to help young people succeed. In pursuing this mission, America’s Promise is committed to being a workplace of choice for professionals of all backgrounds and from all sectors who are dedicated to bettering the lives and life prospects of young people in America.
- Digital Strategy. Develop and oversee execution of overall marketing and digital strategy that contributes to raising America’s Promise profile and visibility and its campaigns and initiatives. As well as developing strategy that advances the optimization of website properties, social media platform performance, social advertising, search engine marketing, and performance data analysis.
- Social Media. Oversee and lead integrated and creative social media strategy, and developing targeted social media campaigns, and social advertising. Manage online communities and foster the development of key relationships and information sharing. Create and manage comprehensive content calendar across multimedia channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Website. Lead website enhancement strategy and ensure all APA websites reflect the vision and mission of the organization. Ensuring content is consistently up to date with the latest content and content is archived or refreshed as appropriate. Oversee all communications via the website and respond in a timely manner.
- Graphic Design. Oversee all graphic design and image creation strategy, including the conceptualization of graphics related to research, content and key messaging for use on various digital properties. Understanding of the best practices of image size optimization.
- Video Production. Lead the conceptualization and production of video for digital media and social media properties to support APA campaigns as needed.
- New digital media platforms. Stay on top of the latest trends and explore potential new media platforms as for possible integration into digital strategy.
- Digital and Social Media trainings. Leading train opportunities for staff on digital best practices to empower them to be online ambassadors for America’s Promise.
- Collaboration. Develop relationships with America’s Promise national partners, communities and grantees to collaborate on digital and social media strategies.
- Digital event production. Lead all aspects of digital event production including developing strategies to optimize live audience with engagement virtual audience through live streaming, live online coverage, quote graphics and more
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years work experience in digital and or online marketing field; experience with youth development, community engagement or building online communities required.
- Preference will be given to individuals proven to be self-starters and unafraid to learn new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to contribute at the strategic level and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle unanticipated demands and requests.
- Familiarity with content management systems (Drupal a plus) and basic HTML.
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills, including timeliness and accuracy.
- Experience with photo-editing and video-editing software, particularly Adobe Photoshop and Final Cut Pro.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, ability to engage colleagues.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter to [email protected].
We actively seek members of service organizations and welcome diversity of all types on America’s Promise Alliance team and are committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive.