Director, Alliance Engagement
America's Promise Alliance seeks a strategic, proactive and high-energy person to fill the position of Director, Alliance Engagement. The Director, Alliance Engagement contributes to the development, direction and implementation of the overall strategy for engaging the Alliance in the GradNation Campaign and other organizational efforts that help create the conditions for success for all young people. The Director will be responsible for managing the GradNation State Activation initiative which aims to increase high school graduation rates to 90% by encouraging statewide innovation and collaboration. The Director also helps achieve overall team goals by providing leadership and support in the following areas: building relationships at the national, regional, state and local levels; implementing key initiatives; and engaging stakeholders including national partners, local collaborations, organizations, youth networks and individual leaders in the work of the Alliance and the GradNation Campaign.
ABOUT AMERICA’S PROMISE ALLIANCE
America’s Promise Alliance is committed to being a workplace of choice for professionals from all sectors who are interested in dedicating a portion of their careers to bettering the lives of young people in America.
We are devoted to helping to create the conditions for success for all young people, including the millions currently being left behind. Our work is powered by our belief that all children are capable of learning and thriving, and that every individual, institution and sector shares the responsibility to help young people succeed.
We are the nation’s largest partnership of its kind, bringing together hundreds of national nonprofits, businesses, communities, educators and ordinary citizens behind the idea of making the promise of America accessible to all young people.
We frame our work around Five Promises that we believe must be made and kept to every young person in America – caring adults, safe places, a healthy start, an effective education, and opportunities to serve. With the supportive environment of these promises at work for children and youth, we believe we can reach a more tangible goal: a 90 percent graduation rate by 2020. Our GradNation campaign is focused on putting this critical milestone – and therefore a shot at the American Dream – within reach for all young people in America.
- Manage the GradNation State Activation Initiative ensuring timely and effective planning and implementation of all project elements including: grants management; provision of technical assistance to statewide conveners; and developing and supporting a learning agenda and broad learning community.
- Provide support across all Alliance Engagement departmental activities.
- Support the planning, implementation and ongoing collective action for GradNation Community Summits, which bring together cross-sector leaders and stakeholders to fuel and accelerate local efforts to increase graduation rates and provide young people with the Five Promises.
- Manage key project and initiative elements that support the GradNation Campaign goals and advance Alliance Partner and Network Community activity.
- Assist with the development of a robust Alliance Partner network by supporting strategic planning, recruitment, communications, and engagement.
- Support the development of a robust GradNation Community network by supporting strategic planning, recruitment, communications and engagement.
- Develop specializations and expertise, as needed, in particular sectors (e.g. education) or service areas (e.g. mentoring or health care) as Alliance strategies or priorities dictate.
- Work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Minimum 5 years work experience preferably in education and/or youth-serving field; experience with community engagement/support, national partnerships, national campaigns, and/or youth-focused programs desirable.
Additional skills, knowledge and abilities required:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize deliverables, and handle unanticipated demands and requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, ability to engage colleagues at all levels.
- Maturity and confidence to work internally and externally with national and local leaders, partners, staff, and consultants to support the Alliance engagement efforts.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter detailing your interest in the position to: [email protected]. Please put (position title) in the Subject line.
America’s Promise Alliance actively seeks national service members and welcomes diversity of all types on the America’s Promise Team, and are committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.