Fall 2017 Digital Internship
About America’s Promise Alliance: America’s Promise Alliance is the nation’s largest partnership organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth by raising awareness, supporting communities, and engaging in nonpartisan advocacy. Through our GradNation campaign, we harness the collective power of our partner network to mobilize Americans to end the high school dropout crisis and prepare young people for college and the 21st century workforce. Building on the legacy of our Founding Chairman General Colin Powell, the Alliance believes the success of our young people is grounded in the Five Promises -- caring adults; safe places; a healthy start; an effective education; and opportunities to help others. To learn more visit www.americaspromise.org.
Position: Digital Intern – Digi-Intern
Description: America’s Promise Alliance’s Communications Department seeks a dynamic, self-starter to support the digital and social media teams. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications while working for a well-known, national youth development nonprofit organization.
- Candidate has completed or is working toward a college degree, preferably majoring in Marketing, Communications, Political Science, Psychology or Sociology.
- Experience writing and editing content for the web, including social media, blogs and e-newsletters.
- Understanding of online communities via email and social media.
- Experience with design and editing tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and video editing tools.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work quickly and meet multiple deadlines with short notice.
- Interest in youth development/education.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
Responsibilities may include:
- Pull together top news articles and craft social media tweets for daily digest.
- Assist with day-to-day management of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts.
- Assist with compiling content for the bi-weekly APB e-newsletter.
- Update social media influencer chart.
- Research new and emerging digital and social media tools.
- Create social media sharable graphics.
- Edit video content and produce videos for social sharing.
- Draft and edit digital content for AmericasPromise.org.
- Support digital strategy manager in web content publishing.
- Assist with compiling digital metrics and preparing digital metric reports.
Start Date: Requires 3-4 month commitment starting September 2017.
Hours: 15-20 hours per week preferred. In office at least three times per week.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and a letter detailing your interest in the position to: [email protected].
Please put Digital Intern in the Subject line.
America’s Promise Alliance actively seeks national service members and welcomes diversity of all types on the America’s Promise Team, and are committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.