Manager, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships
America's Promise Alliance seeks a strategic, proactive and high-energy person to fill the position of Manager, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships for the GradNation Campaign. The Manager, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships contributes to the development, direction, and implementation of the GradNation Campaign and other organizational efforts that help create the conditions for success for all young people. The Manager will help achieve overall team goals by providing leadership and support in the following areas: managing grantee outcomes and funder expectations; implementing key initiatives; and, building relationships and engaging stakeholders including national partners, local and state organizations, youth networks, and individual leaders in the work of the GradNation Campaign.
The Manager, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships will join the GradNation core team and report to the Senior Director, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the overall success of the GradNation Campaign with the goal of reaching a 90 percent national high school graduation rate by the class of 2020.
- Creatively and collaboratively contribute to the development and execution of a robust GradNation Campaign Action Platform through strategic planning, performance management, communications, and partner engagement.
- Manage progress, outcomes, and deliverables for state- and community-level grantees implementing plans to improve high school graduation rates.
- Prepare reports for funders and other key stakeholders, as needed.
- Coordinate and manage outcomes across multiple functions within the organization, including digital and media communications, content writing, and proposal development.
- Creatively contribute to the development of learning opportunities through national webinars, grantee in person convenings, online groups, and partner convenings on topics related to the high school experience and life after high school.
- Manage relationships with individuals at key partner organizations, including tracking areas of expertise and identifying opportunities for two-way collaboration.
- Support development of a robust partner network through biannual meetings by supporting communications and engagement.
- Act as an education expert within the organization through demonstrated knowledge and analysis of news and policy developments that impact young people age 14-26 years.
The above statements describe the general contours of the Manager, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships role for the GradNation Campaign. Other duties may be assigned.
Education: bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree, or other post-graduate degree, preferred (e.g., policy, public administration, education, law, or other related field)
- 3-5 years of progressively difficult work experience; experience in education or youth-serving institutions strongly preferred.
- Experience with community engagement or support, national partnerships, national campaigns, and/or national youth programs strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with state-level and local-level governmental and non-governmental partnerships preferred.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking ability and content knowledge/expertise in the educational and related issues that impact young people age 14-26 years.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly, tactfully, and effectively with internal and external partners.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize deliverables, and address unanticipated requests. Ability to thrive in a busy work environment.
- Maturity and confidence to work internally and externally with national and local leaders, partners, staff, and consultants to execute GradNation Campaign activities. Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, and ability to engage colleagues at all levels.
About America’s Promise Alliance
America’s Promise Alliance is the nation’s largest network dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth. We bring together more than 400 national organizations and thousands of community leaders to focus the nation’s attention on young people’s lives and voices, lead bold campaigns to expand opportunity, conduct groundbreaking research on what young people need to thrive, and accelerate the adoption of strategies that help young people succeed.
We are devoted to helping to create the conditions for success for all young people, including the millions currently being left behind. Our work is powered by our belief that all children are capable of learning and thriving, and that every individual, institution, and sector shares the responsibility to help young people succeed.
The GradNation campaign mobilizes Americans to increase the nation’s high school graduation rate to 90 percent by 2020. Led by America’s Promise Alliance and its partners – the Alliance for Excellent Education, Civic, and the Everyone Graduates Center at Johns Hopkins University – the campaign brings new energy, ideas, rigor and a broad coalition to the graduation challenge. We believe high school graduation is a required first step for achieving the American dream and that the full range of actors in the education field and in communities must align and act to reach the 90 percent goal. For more information visit www.gradnation.org.
America’s Promise Alliance is committed to being a workplace of choice for professionals from all sectors who are interested in dedicating a portion of their careers to bettering the lives of young people in America.We actively seek and welcome diversity of all types on America’s Promise Alliance team, and are committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive.
For more information, please visit www.americaspromise.org.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in this position to [email protected]. Please include the position title in the subject line of your e-mail.