Effective Date: April 21, 2014
Information that We May Collect and How We Use That Information
When registering for a new account with us, you will need to provide your first name, last name, and email address. You also have the option of providing additional information about yourself, such as personal picture, phone number, or other biographical information. You may also log into our Services using one of your social media accounts (e.g., Facebook). When you log into our Services using your social media account, we may receive certain information from your social media account, such as the information on your public profile, your friend list, and your email address. We use this information to register your account, to provide you with member benefits, and to send you periodic updates or promotional or marketing emails.
- We may also collect your Personal Information, including your credit card information, if you make a donation. We (or our service providers) will use this information to process your transaction.
- We may collect your name and contact information, such as your email address and/or your mailing address, should you sign up for our emailing list, contact us with a question, or to learn more about us. We will use this information to respond to your question or request.
- In addition, if you submit your resume or CV, we may collect your name, address, phone number, employment history, and any other information you include with your application.
How We May Share Your Information
- We may share your information with our operational service providers that assist in delivering our services to you. In addition, we may also combine the Personal Information we collect directly from you with data obtained from third parties, such as non-personally identifiable information (e.g., demographic and geographic characteristics) as well as other publicly available data such as census information. Such enhanced information allows us to provide our users with a more customized experience.
- We may share your information with third parties as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of America’s Promise Alliance and/or its assets, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as an assets of America’s Promise Alliance.
- We may share your information with third parties if you have consented to such sharing.
Please note that some of our Services may offer you the ability to connect with other users, such as Community Conversations and User Dashboard features on the GradNation website. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. As such, we recommend that you refrain from posting any sort of sensitive information in your comments and posts, such as financial information. We are not responsible for how others might use that information.
How to “Opt Out”
Note to Parents
Our Services are intended for use by individuals 18 years of age and over, and is, therefore, not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use our Services and do not provide any Personal Information to us. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided his or her Personal Information to us, our policy is to notify that minor’s parent or legal guardian by telephone, email, or mail and/or to delete that information.
If a parent or legal guardian of a minor would like information on the types of Personal Information that we collect or the specific Personal Information that we have collected about their minor then that parent or legal guardian may forward such a request to us by contacting us via email or mail using the addresses given at the end of this policy. We must take reasonable steps to verify that we are dealing with the minor’s true parent or legal guardian before divulging such information to the minor’s parent or legal guardian and will do so by whatever means we determine will result in an accurate confirmation.
Security of Personal Information
We take commercially reasonable precautions to keep your Personal Information secure. Our policy is to implement reasonable physical, electronic and managerial restrictions to prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online, and you do so at your own risk.
Links to Third Party Sites and Services
Our website may contain links to the websites and services of third parties. We are not responsible for and have no control over the privacy and data collection policies and practices implemented by such affiliate partners or third parties, some of which may be substantially different from our corresponding policies and practices. We have no obligation and is not liable for the treatment or maintenance of any information, content, data or materials transmitted, distributed or otherwise provided by or to you via any such affiliate partner or third party website or service. It is your sole responsibility to review their respective policies and practices and determine whether the same are adequate.
How to Contact Us