Richmond Dropout Prevention Summit
Summit Location: St. Paul's Baptist Church 700 East Belt Blvd Richmond VA
- Summit will focus on supporting the whole child as a dropout prevention tactic. Speakers and breakout sessions will cover topics from early childhood education to truancy as well as the impact of the entire community on youth.
- Dynamic youth panel to inform summit participants of this issues youth are facing today and possible solutions.
- Draft of the action plan will be presented during the breakout sessions to provide for community input and buy in.
- Summit will end with a call to action complete with a one pager presenting opportunities for participants to be involved in the immediate next steps for impact in the City of Richmond.
Summit Planning Team:
- Local nonprofit representatives
- Faith-based organization representatives
- Richmond Public Schools
- City of Richmond, Department of Juvenile Justice
- Richmond Behavioral Health Authority
- Richmond Parks and Recreation
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Department of Education
- Virginia Commission on Youth
- Office of the Attorney General: Gang Reduction and Intervention Project