Spring 2018 Communications Intern, Writing
Position: Communications Intern, Writing
Description: The America’s Promise Alliance Communications & Marketing Department seeks a dynamic self-starter to contribute to its writing team by assisting with the day-to-day development of blogs and web writing projects that raises awareness about the work of America’s Promise and its partners, amplifies youth voice, and speaks to issues concerning young people. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications while working for a well-known, national youth development nonprofit organization.
- Candidate has completed or is working toward a college degree, preferably majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Previous experience writing content for the web, including blogs, email, and social media.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with good organizational and multi-tasking skills. Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Previous non-profit internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus.
- Additional experience or interest in multimedia (photography, photoshop, video, infographics) preferred, but not required.
- A strong interest in youth development/education ideal.
Responsibilities may include:
- Draft web news articles and blog posts for AmericasPromise.org. (May include covering local events, reporting on recent research, and conducting original reporting and interviews.)
- Transcribe recorded interviews.
- Assist with compiling content for the bi-weekly e-newsletter.
- Assist with communications research projects.
Duration: January 2018-May/June 2018
Hours: 24-40 hours per week
How to Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two 500-800 word writing samples to: [email protected].
Please put Communications/Writing Intern in the Subject line.
America’s Promise Alliance actively seeks national service members and welcomes diversity of all types on the America’s Promise Team, and are committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.