Jonathan F. Zaff, Ph.D. is executive director of the Center for Promise. He is also a research associate professor in the School of Education at Boston University. His research focuses primarily on understanding how to create the conditions within which all children and youth thrive academically, socially, vocationally, and civically. The results of his work have appeared in numerous peer-reviewed journals and books and presented at local, national,and international conferences. Prior to joining America's Promise, Dr. Zaff was a research associate at Child Trends and founder of the youth voice organization, 18to35 (merged with Mobilize.org). Dr. Zaff received his Ph.D. in lifespan developmental psychology from the University of Georgia.
- One low-cost, low-tech way to lower dropout rates (February 20, 2016)
- The Importance of High-School Mentors (January 13, 2016)
- Relationship Are Key to Keeping Kids in School, Report Says (October 05, 2015)
- Young People, Relationship and the Adversity Cliff (Septmeber 17, 2015)
- Researchers Hunt for 'Secret Sauce' of Digital Learning Success (March 12, 2015)
- No ' Silver Bullet' For Ending America's Dropout Crisis (May 20, 2014)