2019 Internship Program
About America’s Promise Alliance:
America’s Promise Alliance is excited to announce its summer internship program. America’s Promise is looking for students passionate about improving the lives of young people and being a part of an organization dedicated to amplifying the voices of those young people. For over 20 years, America’s Promise has belief that no matter a young person’s race or ethnicity, address or income, gender or sexual orientation, immigration status, abilities or disabilities, or religion – every child deserves the opportunity to fulfill their American Dream and every adult has a responsibility to make it happen.
This program is designed to for students working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree who are interested in gaining experience in all aspects (i.e. communications, strategic initiatives and partnerships, fundraising, research etc.) of a leading national non-profit. Interns will play a vial role in carrying out the Alliance’s mission throughout the summer and will be integrated into the America’s Promise team.
We will provide a variety of opportunities for interns to develop skills and insights about the day-to-day of a national non-profit organization such as: contribute to reports, website, newsletters, and other avenues for highlighting the Alliance’s work, attend meetings and presentations with partners, and attend brown bags with nonprofit CEO’s.
Interns will be integral members of our team. They will work closely with designated America’s Promise staff to develop and execute substantive projects that will advance the organization’s goals and Five Promises. Assigned projects will be dependent on the intern’s interests and the needs of the organization.
Internships are paid positions. Academic credit can be arranged through the intern’s sponsoring institution.
- Completed or is working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to successfully work with others in a team environment and to resolve problems
- Strong writing, research, and communication skills
- Self-motivated and detailed-oriented with good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Have an understanding of youth development challenges and a commitment to the mission and goals of America’s Promise Alliance
- Commitment to equity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
Responsibilities may include:
- Produce blog post, articles, and other written materials
- Research promising practices to help identify potential best practices, policies, and places to highlight in blog post, newsletters, and webinars
- Compiling data for monthly metrics reports
- Assist with compiling content for the various newsletters
- Attend events related to our campaigns and the Five Promises in order to report back learnings to the team and write blogs pieces about it
Internships will take place during an 8-week period in the summer. Interns may receive academic credit if an agreement is made between the Human Resources Department and the interns’ college or university.
How to Apply:
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
Friday, March 29, 2019
America’s Promise Alliance actively seeks national service members and welcomes diversity of all types on the America’s Promise Team, and are committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive.