2019 Internship Program
Do you have a passion for improving the lives of young people? Are you interested in being a part of an organization that prioritizes youth voice?
America’s Promise Alliance is excited to announce its fall internship program. For more than 20 years, America’s Promise has dedicated its resources to understanding the challenges and opportunities young people face. We are committed to creating an equitable environment for America’s youth to flourish and accomplish their dreams.
The America’s Promise internship program is for college students interested in helping to create the conditions for success for all young people and who want to work as part of a team committed to that goal. The program is designed for students who are interested in learning from the different departments (i.e. Communications/Digital, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships, etc.) that play a vital role in carrying out the Alliance’s mission.
We will provide a variety of opportunities for interns to develop skills and insights about the day-to-day of a national non-profit organization such as: contributing to blogs, website design, newsletters, and other avenues for highlighting the Alliance’s work; attending meetings and presentations for partners; and meeting with senior leadership.
Interns will be integral members of our team. They will work closely with designated America’s Promise staff to develop and execute substantive projects that will advance the organization’s goals and Five Promises.
Assigned projects will be dependent on the intern’s interests and the needs of the organization.
Fall internships are paid, part-time positions. Academic credit can be arranged through the intern’s sponsoring institution.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to successfully work with others in a team environment and to resolve problems
- Strong writing, research, and communication skills
- Self-motivated and detailed-oriented with good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Have an understanding of youth development challenges and a commitment to the mission and goals of America’s Promise Alliance
- Commitment to equity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
Responsibilities may include:
- Produce blog post, articles, and other written materials
- Research promising practices to help identify potential best practices, policies, and places to highlight in blog posts, newsletters, and webinars
- Research stakeholders and develop outreach plans for key audiences
- Compile data for monthly metrics reports
- Assist with compiling content for social media
- Attend events related to our campaigns and the Five Promises in order to report back learnings to the team
Internships will take place during the fall semester. These are part-time positions, and schedules can be determined at the time of offer. Interns may receive academic credit if an agreement is made between the Human Resources Department and the interns’ college or university.
How to apply:
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
America’s Promise Alliance actively seeks national service members and welcomes diversity of all types on the America’s Promise Team, and are committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive.