About the Center
The Center for Promise is the research institute for America’s Promise Alliance, housed at Boston University’s School of Education and dedicated to understanding what young people need to thrive and how to create the conditions of success for all young people.
The Center's research agenda:
- Community Youth Systems: a multi-method, longitudinal study currently in 14 GradNation Communities, with plans to grow into as many as 25 communities, that seeks to understand how different facets of a community come together to collaborate and support young people.
- Disconnected Youth: a longitudinal study that examines the characteristics of high school dropouts who reconnect with educational settings and the facets of those programs that are successful in luring students back and helping them obtain their diploma.
- GradNation.org: the Center is providing research-based content for GradNation.org, an online platform that will feature information on the most effective research assessed programs around youth for communities and individuals to access.
- Youth Engagement: examination and synthesis of the best practices and programs throughout the country for engaging youth as agents of change in their communities.
- Race and Culture: in partnership with key America’s Promise partners, the Center will examine the influence of race and cultural factors on children and youth well-being, especially minorities and impoverished young people, and how they gain access to and experience the Five Promises.
The team from the Center also coordinates and provides oversight to non-Center led activities.
Research and briefs released by the Center for Promise
- To view research and briefs released by the Center for Promise, visit the Center's page in the Resources section.