Benefits & Eligibility
We welcome all organizations into America’s Promise Alliance who share a belief that children and youth are a national priority and who are committed to working collaboratively with other partners to reach the goals of the GradNation campaign. Alliance partners are representative of all Five Promises and the full spectrum of youth education and support (“cradle to career”), as well as many unique populations. Alliance partners come from diverse fields and sectors; they include nonprofits, foundations, corporations, institutions, associations, faith-based groups and more.
Our Alliance has impressive reach. Collectively, Alliance partners have a presence in all 50 states. More than 2.6 million employees and 23 million volunteers are connected to Alliance partners throughout the country. It is both our national Alliance partners and our partners’ networks that we work to mobilize through the GradNation campaign.
America’s Promise works diligently to maintain a working relationship that benefits the Alliance partners and the work of America’s Promise alike. As such, as part of their association with America’s Promise, Alliance partners are:
- Invited to periodic partner-specific networking meetings, webinars and other activities
- First to be invited to our annual Building a GradNation Summit and other premier events
- Continuously connected to Americas Promise via subscriptions to our newsletters and social media
- Encouraged to promote their reports, share news and join discussions on GradNation.org
- Provided opportunities to share their organizations’ work among America’s Promise’s networks
- Eligible to participate in various workgroups, committees and other leadership groups
- Encouraged to leverage the America’s Promise brand to advance their work on behalf of young people
- Provided with a primary point of contact on our staff, who seeks out opportunities for engagement and is available to answer their questions
- Listed on www.americaspromise.org and in our Annual Report
Eligibility & Expectations
We welcome all organizations into the Alliance who share our belief that children and youth are a national priority, and who are committed to working collaboratively with other partners to improve outcomes for youth. Alliance partners may be from any field and sector, and include nonprofit organizations, education institutions, businesses, associations, faith-based groups, and more. It is not required that children be the central focus of the organization, and there is no cost to join.
Partners must also have a national “reach,” as defined by their programs and/or services reaching communities or people across at least 10 states. Additionally, all partners are required to support our GradNation campaign goals to mobilize the nation to reach a 90 percent national high school graduation rate by the year 2020 and dramatically increase postsecondary enrollment and success.
Each partner brings unique assets to America's Promise, but all partners agree to:
- Promote and support the Five Promises framework and the GradNation campaign
- Participate in America’s Promise surveys and evaluations as requested
- Identify at least one staff member to serve as our primary point of contact, and ensure this information remains current by responding to an annual request for this information
- Actively seek out opportunities to engage with both America’s Promise and other partners
- Publicize America’s Promise initiatives and opportunities to their networks
- Activate their networks as appropriate on relevant issues
Click HERE to apply to become an Alliance Partner. We hope you'll join us!