Manager, Administration & Resource Development
America's Promise Alliance is seeking a proactive, task-driven, and detail-oriented team player to carry out a range of critical responsibilities in support of fundraising and business operations. The Manager’s primary responsibility will be administration and management of prospective and awarded grants, working closely with the Finance and Resource Development teams. This will include writing associated with the coordination of proposals, grant submissions, budget preparation, financial oversight, and stewardship. Resource Development responsibilities may include coordination of gift processing, donor acknowledgements, and pledge tracking; updating Salesforce; maintaining requirements from current and prospective foundation donors; and supporting seasonal fundraising events. Business administration responsibilities may include contract management and special projects for the finance and human resources departments. The Manager may also support event planning and organizational strategic planning. This position is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of operations and development as part an integrated team within a national youth-focused nonprofit organization.
The Manager must enjoy working in an inclusive and diverse office, have experience working in a fast-paced environment, and possess a passion for issues affecting children and youth. The Administration & Resource Development Manager will report to the Chief Development Officer and will also work closely with the Chief Financial Officer/Chief Administrative Officer.
The successful candidate will be characterized by initiative, problem-solving ability, flexibility, responsiveness, relationship building, and personal accountability. In addition, the Manager must combine strong organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail. A strong collaborator, the successful candidate must be ready to help others on the smallest task or take initiative to solve a problem or lead a project successfully.
ABOUT AMERICA’S PROMISE ALLIANCE
With over 450 national partners and 250 state and local communities, America’s Promise leads the nation’s largest network dedicated to improving the lives of young people. By leveraging our unique ability to raise awareness, forge connections, and create new knowledge, America’s Promise activates our Alliance and the broader field to spur national-level change no single organization can achieve on its own.
America’s Promise is committed to creating the conditions of success for all children and youth through Five Promises—caring adults, safe places, a healthy start, effective education and opportunities to serve. We recognize that historical and systemic inequities create barriers that keep many young people from experiencing these Five Promises and limit their ability to realize their full potential. We affirm that every child deserves the opportunity to pursue their American Dream and every adult has the responsibility to make it happen. To learn more visit, www.AmericasPromise.org.
The major responsibilities for this position will be in two categories: Resource Development and Finance and Administration, with grants management responsibilities that cut across both departments.
- Coordinate and draft funding proposals, including project budgets, working with APA program directors to create programmatic descriptions; monitoring and reporting on budget expenditures; preparing funder reports; supporting funder audits, etc.
- Work with APA program directors and staff to prepare sub-grants to communities, schools, and other non-profits and to monitor sub-grantee program and fiscal performance against the grant.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparation of budget, financial and fundraising tracking reports.
- Handle gift processing, acknowledgements, and pledge tracking.
- Draft and compile concept papers, proposals, and reports that align to the donor’s interests and priorities.
- Prepare and co-coordinate engagement activities, both one-on-one (e.g., phone calls, meetings, site visits, etc.) and larger donor-cultivation events, including preparing senior staff and key volunteers, documenting notes and next steps, and following-up.
- Maintain the organization’s contact management system (Salesforce) for the Resource Development team.
Finance and Administration
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists staff with recordkeeping, processing of purchase orders and invoices, expense reports and budget control.
- Manage contracts, including those directly related to grant implementation as well as general enterprise-level contracts such as communications, IT, and facilities.
- Assist with Human Resources special projects, which could involve performance management, training, and employee engagement, as well as employee file maintenance, as needed.
- Process expense reports and coordinate procurements and purchasing.
- Other special projects as assigned.
The Manager will be expected to work independently and make decisions within defined objectives, priorities, and deadlines. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree and three or more years of related work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, prioritizing communication, transparency, coordination, and teamwork.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, manage processes, coordinate efforts across various departments, and meet deadlines
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to articulate the mission, objectives and vision of America’s Promise Alliance.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, thorough and grammatically correct written documents.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Office), database experience, and facility with budgets a plus.
The Manager must also maintain strict confidentiality surrounding information shared by & interactions with donors, senior staff, and board members.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience; America's Promise Alliances offers a generous benefits package.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in this position to [email protected]. Please include the position title in the subject line of your e-mail.
America’s Promise Alliance actively seeks and welcomes diversity of all types on the America’s Promise Team and is committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.