Director Alliance Engagement, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships
America's Promise Alliance is seeking is a strategic, proactive, task-driven and detail-oriented team player to lead the development, direction, and implementation of the overall strategy for engaging our Alliance of more than 450 national organizations and 250 state and local communities. The director helps achieve overall organizational goals by providing leadership and support in the following areas: building relationships at the national, regional, state and local levels; implementing key strategies to increase engagement; and engaging stakeholders including national partners, local collaborations, organizations, youth networks and individual leaders in America’s Promise’s campaigns. This position is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of an integrated team within a national youth development nonprofit organization.
The director must enjoy working in an inclusive and diverse office environment, have experience working in a fast-paced environment, and possess a passion for issues affecting children and youth. This position will report to the Senior Director for Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships and will work closely with teams across the organization and externally with national, state, and local youth development organizations.
The successful candidate is someone who takes initiative, has strong problem-solving capabilities, builds relationships, is flexible, responsive, and demonstrates personal accountability. She or he will combine strong organizational skills with a meticulous attention to detail. A strong collaborator, he or she will be ready to help others on the smallest task or take initiative to solve a problem or lead a project successfully.
ABOUT AMERICA’S PROMISE ALLIANCE
With over 450 national partners and 250 state and local communities, America’s Promise leads the nation’s largest network dedicated to improving the lives of young people. By leveraging our unique ability to raise awareness, forge connections, and create new knowledge, America’s Promise activates our Alliance and the broader field to spur national-level change no single organization can achieve.
America’s Promise is committed to creating the conditions of success for all children and youth through Five Promises – caring adults, safe places, a healthy start, effective education and opportunities to serve. We recognize that historical and systemic inequities create barriers that keep many young people from experiencing these Five Promises and limit their ability to realize their full potential. We affirm that every child deserves to succeed and every adult has the responsibility to make it happen. To learn more visit, www.AmericasPromise.org.
- Lead major alliance engagement efforts in coordination with other teams within America’s Promise.
- Manage the onboarding of new partners to the Alliance and provide ongoing support and communication with the organizations.
- Develop and deliver a wide-range of Alliance partner offerings including conversation series, informed and aligned convenings, and professional development opportunities.
- Lead efforts to increase connectivity across the Alliance and help deploy America’s Promise staff to strengthen relationships.
- Manage alliance communications and technology solutions (CRM), to expand reach of communications and client management.
- Contribute to the organizational goals and success of America’s Promise and the Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships team.
o Grow as an expert within the organization on youth development through demonstrated knowledge and analysis of news and policy developments that impact young people.
o Prepare reports and update materials for funders and other key stakeholders, as needed.
o Coordinate and manage outcomes across multiple functions within the organization, including digital and media communications, content writing, research, and proposal development, as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of progressively difficult work experience; experience in education or youth-serving institutions strongly preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- Experience with community engagement or support, national partnerships, national campaigns, and/or national youth programs strongly preferred.
- Exceptional external relationship management and stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Experience managing day-to-day operational functions including meetings, project plans, note taking, and timelines.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, using appropriate and diplomatic language, grammar, spelling, and style.
- Ability to identify and anticipate problems, analyze situations and recommend solutions;
- Demonstrated achievement in a demanding work environment.
- Very well organized, with systematic and meticulous attention to details.
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to work with ambiguity and changing conditions and priorities.
- Ability to manage and balance a wide range of projects and duties in fast moving environment.
- Ability to travel once a month.
- An excellent team player with a positive attitude and the ability to connect and collaborate with others.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter detailing your interest in the position to: [email protected]. Please put (position title) in the Subject line.
America’s Promise Alliance actively seeks and welcomes diversity of all types on the America’s Promise Team and is committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.