Power of Youth Challenge
Apply now for the Power of Youth Challenge to create and lead service projects in your community.
The Power of Youth Challenge invites you to bring positive change to your community by leading a local service project. You can make a difference and develop skills you can use now and in the future.
We know it can be hard to find the time and resources to volunteer. We are committed to empowering more young people like you have the support you need to be agents of change and create opportunities to do good in your community.
Through the Power of Youth Challenge you will receive coaching and support as you develop your project. Every team that signs up will have access to financial support in the form of mini grants of up to $250. The amount of each grant will be determined by project needs.
Those who apply and complete their projects will be eligible for an accelerator grant of up to $5,000 to grow their project over the next year.
To be eligible for the program, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- All young people ages 13 – 18 who want to improve their communities are eligible to apply.
- Project teams are encouraged and should be made up of at least 3 young people.
- Participants must agree to report on project progress and reflect on your project’s impact.
|December 6, 2018||Launch of Power of Youth Challenge|
|March 31, 2019||Application Deadline|
|June 2019||Power of Youth Accelerator Challenge|
*Dates are subject to change.
Don’t know where to start? Don’t worry, we’ve got you.
Sign up for the Power of Youth Challenge and follow these steps:
- Identify an issue in your community and learn more about it
- Start planning your project with your team
- Build a budget to implement your project
- Apply for a grant for up to $250 to make it happen
- Track your results and impact
- Tell your story to a larger community who are also making their communities better
America’s Promise Alliance is proud to work in partnership with the Mott Foundation and Peace First to create opportunities for young people to improve their communities through service.