Do you have a passion for improving the lives of young people? Are you a skilled writer and communicator interested in being a part of an organization that prioritizes youth voice?
For over 20 years, America’s Promise has dedicated its resources to understanding the challenges faced by youth. We are committed to creating an equitable environment for America’s young people to flourish and accomplish their dreams.
The communications internship is open to undergraduate and graduate students. Interns are integral members of the team, and will work closely with designated America’s Promise staff to develop and execute substantive projects that will advance the organization’s goals and Five Promises. This is a paid position. Academic credit can be arranged through a sponsoring institution, if applicable.
- Strong written communication skills and ability to clearly synthesize and articulate complex ideas
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to successfully work with others in a team environment and to resolve problems
- Strong research skills
- Self-motivated and detailed-oriented with good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Have a general understanding of youth development and education challenges and a commitment to the mission and goals of America’s Promise Alliance
- Commitment to equity in all forms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Produce a variety of written materials, including blog posts, newsletters, large-scale email communications, and event invitations, among others
- Research promising practices to help identify potential best practices, policies, and strategies to highlight in written pieces and events
- Research stakeholders and develop outreach plans for key audiences
- Compile data for monthly metrics reports
- Analyze key messages, conversation themes, current events, and other relevant information to be promoted on social media
- Contribute to strategies for promotion and/or dissemination of America’s Promise Alliance resources
- Contribute to general office duties and attend all-staff meetings
How to apply:
Candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to: [email protected].
Please apply no later than 5:00 PM ET on Friday, January 15, 2021.
America’s Promise Alliance actively seeks national service members and welcomes diversity of all types on the America’s Promise Team, and are committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive.